Friday 6 March 2020

Most Important Extracts from The Merchant of Venice

Important Extracts
1. Let me not play the fool ....jaundice
2. My ventures are not in one bottom trusted ......makes me not sad.
3. There are a sort of men whose visages............. let no dog bark!
4. In my school days... I often found both.
5.In Belmont is a lady..... Brutus' Portia
6. Mark you this Bassanio.... falsehood hath.
7. All that glitters.... in judgement
8.To bait fish Withal..... his reason.
9. Mistake me not for my complexion..... his or mine.
10. Alack! What heinous sin...... his manners.
11. But love is blind..... to a boy.
12. Hath not a Jew eyes?..... resemble you in that.
13.If a Jew wrong a Christian.... the instructions.
14. How many cowards.... redoubted.
15. First go with me to Church..... unquiet soul.
16. But you simple lead box...... choice is joyous.
17. Some men there are love not a gaping pig...... for your answer. (Act IV scene I)
18. I'm a tainted.... mine epitaph (act iv scene I)
19. 'The quality of mercy........gives and him that takes.' (Act IV, Scene i)
20. It droppeth as the gentle rains......wherein doth sit the dread and fear of kings.
21. But mercy is above this sceptred sway......when mercy seasons justice.
22. Grieve not that I am fail'n to this ........An age of poverty. (Act IV, Sc. i)
23. The man that hath no music.....Mark the music. (Act V, scene i)
24. The crew doth sing as sweetly.......true perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment